Five things Friday
1) Week one of the “2014 Challenge” challenge was a success! Four workouts which included two cycling classes, one giant ball/abs/etc. class and one run. “Run” should probably be in little quotations but technically I was running even if it was only 3km of icy hell. Which brings me to…
2) I got new kicks! Ooooh, ahhhh. Nothing is as motivating as new running shoes, yes?
These hot little numbers, the Salomon XR Mission CS, are great for winter running because they are grippy and also keep out the wintery crud that sneaks into your sneaks. (<– not from the catalogue. I wrote that myself. Seriously.)
“This lightweight and flexible shoe was designed for short- to middle-distance runs on both road and trail; the XR Mission CS also features a Climashield water-resistant breathable insert in the forefoot that extends its versatility to cover any kind of weather, wet or dry.” (From Backcountry.com, but I bought mine at MEC)
Plus they are pretty.
So stay tuned for (fingers crossed) glowing reviews as I break them in a little more, but so far so good!
3) I’m back to teaching cycling! And I love it and missed it and am wildly out of shape but am so happy to be back. Come and sweat with me at Trent, Mondays at noon! (Not you, stalkers.)
4) Speaking of Trent, I’m trying out all kinds of new classes as part of the new Athletic Centre team. And guess what my muscles really hate? Trying new things! For example, I innocently went to a lunch time “Sculpt and Burn” class this week, and since, have written a strongly worded letter to management suggesting that the class name be changed immediately. Some suggestions that spring to mind (may or may not be directly related my experience):
- “Burn and Die”
- “Sculpt and try to re-attach your hamstrings”
- “Sculpt and burn but never walk normally again”
- “F*ck you, and your little mountain climbers too”